AAPC - Back to school
Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst ... 252627282930313233343536 LastLast

Thread: Takken the CPC exam? How many passed the 1st try?

AAPC: Back to School
    I passed mine the first time. I got an 87%. I took it in less than 4 hours. But, I am sure if I would of taken my time I would of received a higher %. I am sure you did fine. Just have faith in yourself.

I passed the first time, and it was plenty tough. Time was huge. Stress was pretty bad as well. I left with out having a clue how I did. In my job, now I feel like I am taking my test every day.

I took my CPEDC 2 years ago and passed the first time. I just took the CPC a couple of weeks ago, the fire alarm went off half way through the test and I was sure that I had probably failed, but I passed the first time! Yay! I'm sure you did fine. I agree however, it is a very hard test and prep is probably key.

Thumbs up CPC exam

Quote Originally Posted by deltagirl View Post
    I took the CPC exam this past Saturday and now starts the LONG waiting process. I have no idea how I did on this test and I started to wonder. How many coders pass the test the first try; I've heard somewhere in the neighborhood of 40-45%. That's scary. So tell me... how many times did it take you to pass.
    I have to take the exam on 6/30 and I hope its not too soon after completion of my course. I hope to pass the first time as you do. Wish you luck!

I passed my first try as well in 2006. I only got a pass. They didn't tell you your score then.

I passed my CPC and CPMA test the 1st time on both!

I took my cpc, cfpc and cobgc and passed them all on the first try. Dont worry!

I passed the first time. Surprised myself !!! Yes, it was hard work but well worth the effort.
    Last edited by Californiacowgirl; 06-21-2012 at 09:42 AM.
    California Cowgirl
    Patient Financial Services Coder

I took my exam on June 16 and I found out June 22 that I passed! It was definitely the hardest thing I have done so far. I've been doing billing and coding for a small family practice but most of it is computerized and we use the same codes so there was a whole other world of coding I wasn't familiar with! I knew time was going to be an issue from all the practice exams I took and the last hour of the exam, I still had close to 50 questions to answer and then the panic set in. I really scrambled the last hour and even had to guess on a few more than I would like to admit. I had to just keep telling myself when I found I was spending too much time on one question.."keep moving!" that is probably the best advice I got. Take as many practice exams as you can get your hands on and just code.. that was the best practice and study for me and thankfully, it paid off. I missed a lot of weekends of fun with the familly but it was worth it now!! Good luck!

congrats to all!
    I passed the CPC-P first time...
    the CCS-P I needed two tries

CCS-P, CPC-P
    Last edited by Jamesmmm; 06-22-2012 at 09:01 PM. Reason: error