Page 36 of 37 FirstFirst ... 262728293031323334353637 LastLast

Takken the CPC exam? How many passed the 1st try?

1. Default CPC exam
    Exam Training Packages
    I passed the first time with 80%....I took a 9 mos. billing and coding course through Remington College. The worst part is after all that I still can't get a job because I don't have 1-2 experience. So wish someone had told me before hand and I would have chosen something else.

2. Default
    I will be taking the test next month does anyone have any advice??

I passed the first time right after finishing my coding education. Got a job 2 months later. Good luck to you!!

I passed the first time. The practice exams really helped me.

5. Default Hcpcs
    Was there much on the Test on HCPCS? I noticed a great difference in the 2011 and 2012 book from AAPC. I can't find anything in the 2012 very difficult. Anyone else having this issue?

Smile Passed first try
    Hi there! I just took the test August 15, 2014 and I passed on the first try. I only have about a year of coding experience with 3 months of that experience being real coding. So for those out there that are taking the exam...you CAN do it. Also I studies for 2 months and sad to say, there was only 1 question from my practice exams and study guide on the test that I can really recall. The test was hard but I finished with 5 minutes to spare.

7. Default
    Passed the first time finished early too. This is when you on;y had 5 hrs for the exam but now you get longer. Didn't study but was already coder for over 2 years which is what helped me along with the schooling I had prior

8. Default Cpc exam
    Passed CPC first try! Here are my recommendations, study the practice exams from AAPC and read each rational! Mark your book w important key information on ones that trick you. Example: knowing which types of hernias require mesh and which do not. Know your book inside and out, if you donít know the answer to a question, itís likely in your book so use it as a resource. Practice taking the test like your doing the real deal, timing is so so important. Donít forget there are non coding questions on the test so be prepared and know your medical terminology, A & P ...... Take pre sharpened #2 pencils, i took 12 and used them because i like sharp pencils and there is no time to re sharpen, sticky notes to mark a question you skip (try not to but just Incase so you donít forget to go back), timer, and water. Good luck!!!!

Red face Passed the first time
    I passed the first time. Most of my colleagues did as well. I was fortunate in that Pierce Community College had an exam prep course with an amazing instructor that I took with one of my co-workers. We sat for the exam together and we both passed the first time. We had both been through the certification course several years prior at a technical colleges and worked in the field for more than two years. However, one of my colleagues here just passed her exam the first time and she studied her butt off every night for weeks prior. That was her only preparation and the rest of us here couldn't be more proud of her. I suppose what I am saying is that it's all about what you put into it. If you are dedicated and study like you want to pass the test then you probably will pass the first time. If you behave as if the knowledge you gain from working in the field is sufficient then you're less likely to get the small things that we don't really use on a daily basis.

Good Luck to you!

10. Default
    Quote Originally Posted by deltagirl View Post
    I took the CPC exam this past Saturday and now starts the LONG waiting process. I have no idea how I did on this test and I started to wonder. How many coders pass the test the first try; I've heard somewhere in the neighborhood of 40-45%. That's scary. So tell me... how many times did it take you to pass.
    Thanks,
    ~Davis
    I also took the exam Saturday!!! Waiting patiently for results.