Page 4 of 37 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Takken the CPC exam? How many passed the 1st try?

Medical Coding Books
    I took a PMCC course and passed the first time in 2003. I did not think it was easy and used every minute of the time allowed which is less than it is now. I took my CPC-H in 2008 and my CPC-P in 2009 and passed those as well on the first try.

2. Default Diana Fitzpatrick, CPC-A
    I passed first attempt in January. Now I am hoping to find someone to hire me so I can eliminate the "A". No externships are available in Western Massachusetts. The Springfield area is full of job opportunities for experienced coders. With RAC I understand the concern, however the job hunt is extremely frustrating. My local Chapter has been very helpful about sharing job postings, but so far no leads have been fruitful. Any suggestions??? Thanks in advance....

I passed my CPC on the 4th try. with 74%.
    My 4th time exam was after taking an online course for cpc-H.
    After my collage course in coding & billing in a community collage, I scored with 66% for the 1st time.
    2nd time scored 67%.
    3rd time scored 68%.
    4th finally I scored 74%, what a difference.
    All my 4 trys were with in a year.

I passed the first time around and I was nervous as well. I was so afraid that I would run out of time that I didn't even get up to take a break, nor did I use the restroom. I'm sure that you did well.
    Sonya Boyd, CPC

Red face Passed!
    I just passed after first try! I agree that it takes preparation. I took the AAPC online course and studied! It took me every second of the time they allow for testing. And YES it was hard! There were areas I didn't feel prepared for and others I breezed through! PREPARE is the best advise I can give to anyone. And GOOD LUCK.

Good News is, they post the results online and it only took 5 days before I knew my results! And Oh what a relief it was.

6. Question passing grade
    I am preparing to take the test for the first time in May. What is the passing grade or score that you have to recieve to pass the test? Is it more difficult to find a job in coding than in billing?

I passed my first time too. At the time I took the test, I was 8 months prego, everyone in there thought I was nuts....lol. I sat close to the door (for bathroom breaks....lol) I was working for a billing company at the time, so I think that helped me with the test in all the different specialties. I now work for a different company. I just wish I could get paid for being certified. I'm still making what I was making not having my CPC. Anyone else have that problem? I guess I should just be thankful I even have a job
    Jammie Barsamian, CPC, CCC, CEMC, CCS-P, CPMA

Quote Originally Posted by jlb102780 View Post
    I passed my first time too. At the time I took the test, I was 8 months prego, everyone in there thought I was nuts....lol. I sat close to the door (for bathroom breaks....lol) I was working for a billing company at the time, so I think that helped me with the test in all the different specialties. I now work for a different company. I just wish I could get paid for being certified. I'm still making what I was making not having my CPC. Anyone else have that problem? I guess I should just be thankful I even have a job
    YES! Please be thankful that you have a job. Keep your eye out for coding positions though. I graduated the coarse in 2006 and waited until 2009 to take my test. When I first became certified, the position that I was in (Practice Manager) did not recognize it because it was not required for that position. I started watching the job posting within the company for a coding position and finally found one in August of 2009 and was hired. It pays ALOT more and I'm alot more happy. I accepted the position in August but was not able to transfer until December of 2009 because they had to find a replacement for me. That was the LONGEST wait EVER! My point is...never stop looking because they are out there and in HIGH demand for certification!
    Chastity Nault, CPC
    HIM Professional Services Coder - Remote

Talking
    The waiting is the worst!!! UGH! I did pass the first time, straight out of school with no coding experience...74%. I found, for me, the best thing to do is the questions that are easier for you then go back to the ones you have a hard time with. That way you don't waste the little bit of time you have.
    The frustrating part is actually getting someone to hire you without experience. I actually am a medical receptionist (again) because it is so tough out there to get a billing or coding job!!! I had a 3.95 GPA and perfect attendence and still can't seem to find a coding job...and that is what I really want to do.

HOPE TO HEAR BACK FROM YOU SOON!!! Hang in there.

Take care,
    Sandra Stephens, CPC-A
    Last edited by sansdust; 03-23-2010 at 09:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by deltagirl View Post
    I Passed !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Woo Hoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    That's awesome!! Congrats! Huge weight lifted, huh??!!!? LOL

Blessings,
    Sandra Stephens, CPC-A