Page 5 of 37 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Takken the CPC exam? How many passed the 1st try?

Medical Coding Books
    Quote Originally Posted by blonde01 View Post
    YES! Please be thankful that you have a job. Keep your eye out for coding positions though. I graduated the coarse in 2006 and waited until 2009 to take my test. When I first became certified, the position that I was in (Practice Manager) did not recognize it because it was not required for that position. I started watching the job posting within the company for a coding position and finally found one in August of 2009 and was hired. It pays ALOT more and I'm alot more happy. I accepted the position in August but was not able to transfer until December of 2009 because they had to find a replacement for me. That was the LONGEST wait EVER! My point is...never stop looking because they are out there and in HIGH demand for certification!
    Chastity,
    Thanks for the encouragement!! I graduated from my billing/coding college course in July 2009 and passed my CPC on the first attempt BUT, I still have not found a coding or billing postion. I also had a 3.95 GPA and perfect attendence! I have no previous billing or coding experience though. It is so frustrating!!!!
    Congratulation to you! Your story gives me hope that the right coding job is out there for me! Thanks again.

Blessings,
    Sandra Stephens, CPC-A
    Southern California

Quote Originally Posted by newcpc View Post
    Chastity,
    Thanks for the encouragement!! I graduated from my billing/coding college course in July 2009 and passed my CPC on the first attempt BUT, I still have not found a coding or billing postion. I also had a 3.95 GPA and perfect attendence! I have no previous billing or coding experience though. It is so frustrating!!!!
    Congratulation to you! Your story gives me hope that the right coding job is out there for me! Thanks again.

Blessings,
    Sandra Stephens, CPC-A
    Southern California
    Congratulations to you as well! Try and learn as much as you can in your current position and ALWAYS let your manager know that you would like to learn more. They really love that! The more you learn, the more valuable you are. Even if it is not in your job description, learn it! Especially billing. When you get phone calls regarding patient bills; if you have to transfer the call because someone else handles it, take a look and try to find out what the problem is. Research on your own. Keep your eye out for billing or collector positions. Those pay good as well. It takes baby steps, but it is so worth it! I will soon be working from home and that is so exciting! Good luck and keep me posted!
    Chastity Nault, CPC
    HIM Professional Services Coder - Remote

3. Default passed
    I passed the 1st time however, a friend of mine had to take the test twice. I agree with the prev post on the exam prep. I had two wonderful teachers that really knew their stuff and I had several years of exp.

Shari L. Smith, CPC
    Business Office Manager
    Columbus Arthritis Center

4. Default
    Just found out I passed the CPC exam I took on 3/20 ! I took one online community college medical coding course and had a great instructor.
    Carol CMA, CPC-A

Quote Originally Posted by 01131937 View Post
    Just found out I passed the CPC exam I took on 3/20 ! I took one online community college medical coding course and had a great instructor.
    Carol CMA, CPC-A
    Congratulations!!!!
    Chastity Nault, CPC

6. Thumbs up JNurge, CPC
    Passed the first time around. It wasn't that bad.

7. Default
    I am on the third time so don't give up... I am no a good test taker I have done the work book and gone to review sessions and test questions on line.. Don't give up

Quote Originally Posted by dpsmith View Post
    I am on the third time so don't give up... I am no a good test taker I have done the work book and gone to review sessions and test questions on line.. Don't give up
    You poor thing! I bet it's because you know that you are being timed. My son does aweful on his tests in school if they are timed, but can do great on the same exact test if he doesn't know that he is being timed.
    Chastity Nault, CPC

I passed the first time. I am 52 and hace been coding for 31 years. Found the test to be challenging but if you know how to read the books and follow the instruction of the rules..you soon find out that every question is answered in the books. I am sure you did fine.

10. Default
    I passed the 1st time and with an hour to spare. So did 2 of my girlfriends that sat. I used to teach coding and billing and all 15 of my students that sat for the exam passed on their first try (the others that graduated from the program either didn't attempt the exam or I never hread from them that they did) I agree with one of the earlier posts, it's about preparation. Good luck !! Hope you passed !!!