AAPC - Back to school
Page 6 of 36 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Takken the CPC exam? How many passed the 1st try?

AAPC: Back to School
    I passed the first time. Almost everyone at work told me that almost everyone fails the first time. So when I went to take my test, I kept telling myself that this was a practice test. I checked the AAPC site about a week or so later and my name appeared with CPC behind it. This let me know I passed without getting my results. Good luck!

Hi! I just took the exam this past saturday also. I had gone through a C/E program through Assabet. I have had no experience in the field like you folks. I passed also. It was an extremely hard test with nothing behind you to fall back on! So you can do it!! Mary CPC-A

I passed the first time with an 84, with no previous experience, just going through a medical coding and billing program and Bryant and Stratton.

Default C.E.

Quote Originally Posted by blondemoment View Post
    I passed the 1st time and with an hour to spare. So did 2 of my girlfriends that sat. I used to teach coding and billing and all 15 of my students that sat for the exam passed on their first try (the others that graduated from the program either didn't attempt the exam or I never hread from them that they did) I agree with one of the earlier posts, it's about preparation. Good luck !! Hope you passed !!!
    ive taken the test but didnt pass it bought all the online courses and the study book Im taking it again in May can you give me any pointers that can help me.

Stressed out!

I passed on the 1st try and its not as hard as you think it is. Good Luck!

Indianapolis, IN

Red face CPC Exam

I guess I was lucky I passed it on the first try. I wish you luck.

Linda Myers CPC

I passed the first time as well, with an 84. I haven't had much experience, but I studied like a mad woman. Only finished with about 10 minutes to spare. It was a difficult test...tried to keep my wits about me the whole time and paced myself. Not sure what the pass rates are though.

Wink Cpc exam

I too passed the first time! I was actually shocked that i passed.
    I left the test feeling unsure of how i did. But, no pain no gain right? It was a difficult test, but now i am actually considering specialty courses! The more you know, the farther you go!

Will keep my fingers crossed for you

I passed my first time. I had received my coding certificate from a local college 6 years prior. Spent some time away from coding and then studied up. I thought for sure I had failed but I passed.
    Best of luck, think positive. You probably did just fine!

St. Louis West, MO

Yep, I passed first time.