Page 7 of 37 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Takken the CPC exam? How many passed the 1st try?

1. Smile CPC Exam
    Medical Coding Books
    I passed it the first time. I wasn't really nervous going into the exam. I tried to be positive and I made sure to take 1 of the 2 breaks your allowed. I was the last to finish, but I know that out of the 11 of us that went to school together and took the exam at the same time I was the only one to pass. It was a hard exam, and anyone who says it's not is crazy. When I took my test we weren't allowed to know the results. I which it was like it is now where you can go online and you can see your score. Oh well.
    Last edited by vickimcneill; 04-28-2010 at 06:56 PM.

2. Default
    I passed the first time with an 81%. It was a hard test, but you can pass it if you prepare for the exam! Tata, CPC-A

Thumbs up
    Quote Originally Posted by tatanish425@yahoo.com View Post
    I passed the first time with an 81%. It was a hard test, but you can pass it if you prepare for the exam! Tata, CPC-A
    Well that is a fantastic score! Congratulations!
    Chastity Nault, CPC
    HIM Professional Services Coder - Remote

I took the test Saturday April 24, & AAPC posted that I passed on Wednesday April 28, so hopefully you won't have to wait long to find out. I do agree that if you had time to answer all the questions you probably did fine.

Quote Originally Posted by FLSJarrel View Post
    I took the test Saturday April 24, & AAPC posted that I passed on Wednesday April 28, so hopefully you won't have to wait long to find out. I do agree that if you had time to answer all the questions you probably did fine.
    That is FANTASTIC! Did you take the exam in Baton Rouge? I'm just wondering because I proctored that exam! Congratulations!
    Chastity Nault, CPC
    HIM Professional Services Coder - Remote

6. Default
    I'm going to sit for the exam soon, does anyone know if they grade you by each section or by the overall average to pass?

7. Default
    Quote Originally Posted by amam1203@aol.com View Post
    I'm going to sit for the exam soon, does anyone know if they grade you by each section or by the overall average to pass?
    they no longer grade by section, it is an overall score of 70% to pass.

I passed the first time. I took the test on a Saturday and had the results the next Tursday. Make sure to check your account to see if you passed. Good Luck!

9. Default
    I was able to pass the first time without any problems.

10. Question Taking the CPC-H Saturday
    Do anyone have any advice because I'm the test for the first time on Saturday? I see that alot of people have taken the CPC instead of the CPC-H and I just wanted to know if you work in a physician office.