20160430 - Save up to 35% on Everything You Need to Get Certified | Learn More

Page 1 of 36 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Takken the CPC exam? How many passed the 1st try?

Default Takken the CPC exam? How many passed the 1st try?

I took the CPC exam this past Saturday and now starts the LONG waiting process. I have no idea how I did on this test and I started to wonder. How many coders pass the test the first try; I've heard somewhere in the neighborhood of 40-45%. That's scary. So tell me... how many times did it take you to pass.
    Thanks,
    ~Davis

I passed the first time no problem.

Debra A. Mitchell, MSPH, CPC-H

I passed my first time.
    adrianne, cpc

We will keep our fingers crossed for you.

I think that the success rate depends on the exam prep. Of the 15 certified coders in this department, only two did not pass the first try. Most of us took the PMCC course through the AAPC and felt very comfortable with the examination, and passed the first time. One of the coders who did not pass, did not take the PMCC course, but did take a coding/billing course at a local community college. Also, most of the coders had at least 2+ years experience in billing/coding before sitting for the exam. I think that both factors (experience and prep through the AAPC course) contributed to everyone's success.
    Pam Brooks, MHA, CPC, PCS, COC
    Coding Manager
    Wentworth-Douglass Hospital
    Dover, NH 03820

If you can dream it, you can do it. Walt Disney

I passed the first time but only with a 72; my problem was time. I knew the answers but took my time reading each question and by time I got to the back section I was about out of time and started guessing just to fill in each question. If you felt like you were able to answer most of the questions and you didnt run out of time I'm sure you passed!

I passed the first time with no problem.

Just 1!

I passed the first time, but I unlike some of the others did not think it was a piece of cake. I thought that the test was hard. I don't have any experience and am still looking for a job. You probably did fine, think positive...

I passed first time CPC - straight out of school and passed CEMC first time after 4 1/2 years working as coder. Both were hard.
    Anna Weaver, CPC, CPMA, CEMC
    Associate Auditor

I passed the first time, but had taken a PMCC course and had 8 years of experience beforehand.

It was not a piece of cake and I was a nervous wreck the 3 weeks it took to get the results online. I actually left the exam and cried all the way home because I was so scared that I had not passed it.

Page 1 of 36 1234567891011 ... LastLast