A more recent article stated the same (see reference below) and referenced the 98 CPT Assistant...It also added....
Per CPT Assistant, codes 67820 and 67825 are intended to be reported per procedure, not per eyelash or eyelid. Medicare will allow you to report 67820 bilaterally, but some private payers may not. For Medicare, report 67820-50, with one unit.
Reference: Ask the Expert: Epilation – coding by lash, lid or eye
Source Coder Pink Sheets: Medical Practice Coding Pro Publication Medical Practice Coding Pro: Medical Practice Coding Pro, February 2010, Vol. 16, No. 2 Effective Date Feb 1, 2010 Publish Date Feb 1, 2010
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join