Code based on the greatest diameter of the lesion plus margin, 1.3 cm in your example. The physician should make this measurement prior to the procedure. If he/she is not, your way seems like the best you can do thougjh I'm not sure if it's technically correct.
My understanding of the closure is to code the total length in a linear closure. In your example it would be 6.2 cm.
That's my opinion. Hope it helps.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join