For your appeal you just have to explain and send them documentation on how there are 3 different compartments of the knee and so they should not be bundled together. Also did you put a modifier 59 on the 29875 (plica)because per CPT book that is a separate procedure so you have to put modifier 59 on that.
Just specify what was done on what compartment. And underline it in the op note.
This one should be easy to win.
p.s. not sure about the biopsy.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join