Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Namas

Exam Training Packages
    @Coder103,

I took the exam in February 2010, and it is a difficult exam. I had no experience with PT auditing or oncology and need to re-take the exam. There are alot of regulatory and compliance questions which I did pretty well on, but could have done better.

I recommend getting the study guide, it is a valuable resource. I plan to thorough read though it before attempting the test again.

The two day course was excellent...
    Felicia A. Thomas, CPC
    Atlanta, GA

Hi,
    It was a tough exam.... but if you study hard and know E and M well, you will do fine.

3. Default Cpma
    I also wanted to know how hard the exam was because it says on aapc website that this may not first timers? Also did you take that test right after the review class?

4. Default
    I spoke with someone at DRS Mgmt a few months ago & I was told that the exam is no longer given right after the review class, you have to schedule a time to take your exam. I called again today because I had a few other questions, but I was sent to voicemail. So when & if I get a return call, I'll post whatever I find out.

5. Default NAMAS review guide/CPMA exam
    I took the exam earlier this month and did not do bad considering that I really did not study for it. I decided to order the NAMAS CPMA exam review guide. If you do not have the time or money to go to the review course I would highly recommended getting this guide. It is definitely worth the money. I am retaking the exam in 2 weeks.

6. Default
    I took the two day seminar / certification test last July. Shannon Smith was the instructor and she is a great teacher. But the test is challenging and I recommend that you have some experience before taking. I am not for sure how the test is now. Good Luck!
    Paula

I am planning to take the exam in the near future. I do E/M auditing on a daily basis. Does anyone have any advice and is it mostly E/M or procedures etc.?

Thanks,
    JENNIFER WESTFALL, RHIT, CPC, CGSC

8. Default
    This is just to follow-up on my last post. I did get a return call and the exam is no longer given right after the 2 day class, but I was told you do receive a study guide & other materials to help prepare for the exam. For those that have taken the exam, do you receive the same study guide at the 2 day classes thats offered on NAMAS website? I really would like to attend the 2 day classes, especially since I have never audited before, but the study guide is less expensive & I just wanted to know also for those that have taken it and have purchased the study guide, is it enough to help prepare for the exam w/out the 2 day classes?

hi!
    I took the exam last March. It is a tough test. But the 2 day course was great and prepared you well for the exam.

10. Default
    Hi,

I also took the 2 day course and took the exam last weekend. I did not think the 2 day course prepared you for the exam at all. I did not have very many E/M questions on the exam and thought it was very difficult. I especially feel bad for the people who attempted it with no coding experience.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast