AAPC - Back to school
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Namas

Default Namas

AAPC: Back to School
    Has anyone taken the 2 day educational sessions offered by NAMAS to prepare for the CPMA exam and then taken the exam?

Default CPMA class

I took the class in October of 2009 and took the test at that time. The presenter was Melodie Irvin and she was awesome.

Hope this helps.

Orange County

I took the 2 day class in March of 2009 and the test at that time as well.
    It was excellent. Melody was my instructor as well.

Question CPMA 2 day class

I was wondering do you have to be a certified coder in order to take this class and sit for the CPMA exam?

Oak Ridge

No, you do not have to hold a CPC to take the exam.
    I took the exam in 2007 and was in one of the first groups certified. Shannon Smith was my instructor. Shannon is a wonderful teacher and the course was very helpful and productive for my career. I would recommend to anyone interested in auditing.
    Good Luck!

I'm also interested in taking the CPMA exam also. I was interested in 2007, but I was unsure about the organization at that time. Although I prefer hands on training, I was just wondering has anyone ever purchased the CPMA study guide thats offered now?

Default NAMAS / Re: purchase CPMA study guide

There is mention of a CPMA study guide that can be purchased - does anyone know where / who it can be purchased from. I was under the impression that there ws no study guide available and you had to pay for the 2 day courses now thru NAMAS.

I spoke with someone in the Exam dept @ the AAPC & I was told that the study guide is for those that are already working in the field, its like a refresher. So if your new to the field, its better to attend the 2 day training classes. The study guide can be purchased on NAMAS website. The price is $149.99. They have some other Auditing tools that can be purchased also.

Default NAMAS/CPMA exam

I just took the CPMA test last week and it was tough. There were a lot of questions regarding compliance. I did get the Medical Record Auditor book by Deborah Grider and also purchased a book on coding compliance. Also there is a post regarding CPMA resources and the links which I believe is in the Auditing thread.
    Maureen O'Connor, RHIT

Default Namas

Is there anybody who had already taken the CPMA exam? How was your experience in taking this exam? Do you have any advice for those who wants to take it?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast