This is fairly common. Many carriers do not separately reimburse the venipuncture when labs are performed. If you are providing only the venipunture and not billing for the lab tests, you might want to contact the carrier and let them know that you are only doing the draw and not billing for the lab, therefore the venipunture isn't "bundled'. Now having said that, some carrier just simple do not cover venipunture regardless of where the lab test is performed. Hope this is helpful.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join