My office is wanting to start charging insurance companies for CPT 99080 (Special Reports) because of all the time spent on filling out forms above and beyond. Though I would love to see my docs get extra $ I believe this code falls into the billing rule "Just Because There's a Code, Doesn't Mean it's Reimburseable".
Is anyone else attempting or have attempted to get insurance companies to pay for this code? If so, are you successful? Any tips?
Grand Junction, CO
- Medical Coding
- Medical Billing
- Practice Management
- Exam Preparation
- Other Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Software / Digital
- Code Lookup (AAPC Coder)
- Virtual Coding Experience (Practicode)
- E/M Analyzer
- CPT RVU Calculator
- Health Plan Search (Provider Policies)
- Log In / Join