I know this is a really old post but interesting because I am wondering the exact same thing, and sad to see there's no responses
My ENT providers do the endoscopic pituitary resections as co-surgeries with Neurosurgeons and we bill 62165-62 and the NS does the harvest of the abdominal graft and then the ENT does the packing of the fat graft. HOWEVER, the NS gets the whole 20926 code and ENT nothing for packing it, even though it says in the Coding Companion that the application of the graft should be coded separately. That's why I was considering code 61618 but that doesn't really work since it's belongs with the skull base codes and it is not endoscopic. So if anyone sees this somehow, I would appreciate any tips on a possible code for the closing portion of the surgery.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join