We have many female patients who see their primary care physician for a routine general physical on the same day that she sees her OB/GYN for a Well Woman.
The insurance company is denying these as "Duplicate Claims" when we file the claim. Which is the correct modifier to use to indicate that these are separate encounters with different physicians billing with the same CPT code, for instance 99394? The physicians are billing with the same Tax ID# as they are in a group.
I have been told to use modifier 59 or 77 but I do not see how either apply based on the definition?
- ICD-10 Training
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join