We have patients that come to our hospital and have their Cystostomy catheters changed. The nurse removes the old catheter and cleanses the area w/ betadine and alcohol and inserts a #20 french 5 cc foley and applies triple antibiotic. We are wondering is CPT code 51705 could be billed for a nurse to perform this procedure. We have also referenced CPT Asst Dec 2007 page 13. Any help would be great!
- ICD-10 Training
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join