This code pair has a mutually exclusive edit of "1" not "0" One means a modifier can bypass. I think that the best route to take on this would be to ask your physician what he/she is treating with each procedure. If he/she is using the procedures in a combined technique to treat one problem, I would go with the highest reimbursing. Otherwise I think you can bill these with a 59 but make sure your documentation reflects very specifically what the physician is treating for each injection.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join