I used to work for MedAssurant (in 2007) and they are contracted by insurance plans to do their CMS chart audits for them. I remember that there were some practices/hospitals who did charge a fee for the records, but I dont know the process they went through and I dont recall if MedAssurant paid or if they forwarded the cost on to the health plans.
I suppose the best thing to do is contact the plan and ask them.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join