Cardiology is NOT my area of expertise, BUT ...
If you need a modifier, I would think a -53 modifier for discontinued procedure would be more accurate.
What I try to remember is the -52 is used when the physician planned to perform a lesser service. The -53 is used when the physician fully intended to perform the entire procedure, but had to discontinue for patient safety, or unforeseen complications.
Per Encoder Pro 99350 does accept the -53 modifier (also takes -52)
Hope that helps
F Tessa Bartels, CPC, CEMC
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join