I passed the CEDC on the first try (4 years of ER coding experience). As I recall it was mostly case studies, with a bit of the regular CPC stuff mixed in (terminology, regulations, etc). If you have ER coding experience, it should be fairly straightforward for you.
My employer offers a bonus to those who maintain a speciality certification - so it was a good move for me. However - I will caution that speciality CEUs are more costly and harder to find than regular CEUs.
I am not sure how much weight a speciality certification carries when seeking jobs...most of the speciality jobs I see advertised are just looking for 3+ years experience in the speciality....
- ICD-10 Training
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join