CMS recently said the pro charge should be the date the interpretation is performed but they just rescinded that guidance. The DOS for both technical and professional services should match, so it is the date the specimen was collected if less than 30 days ago.
No need to apologize. This is all very confusing and there aren't a lot of written, clear-cut guidelines. Check out the CAP website. There's an archive of "Your CPT Questions Answered." It's pretty hit-or-miss what you'll find and they haven't really kept up with it recently, but there's good information there.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join