If your ENT provider is only documenting the scope procedure, then you are correct no New Patient Visit should be billed in addition to.
However, if the ENT provider is documenting ALL 3 components of a New Patient Visit: History, Exam & Medical Decision Making, AND the scope procedure, you may bill for both. Don't forget the 25 modifier on the E/M.
Documentation is key, especially the medical decision making!
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join