Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Synvisc injection help!!!

Medical Coding Books
    We just went through this in our office. I contacted the synvisc rep and they gave me the conversion over the phone and lleopard is right. if you are using the series of 3 injections you would bill 16 units per injection. if you are using synvisc one you would use 48 units per injection. don't forget to double your units if the MD decides to do bilateral.

good luck

2. Default
    What about the 20610 for bilateral? We were billing in the past 20610-rt and 20610-lt. Someone in my office was tols that we have to now bill 20610-50 1 unit double the amount. Does anyone know if that is correct?

3. Default
    Quote Originally Posted by banderson77 View Post
    What about the 20610 for bilateral? We were billing in the past 20610-rt and 20610-lt. Someone in my office was tols that we have to now bill 20610-50 1 unit double the amount. Does anyone know if that is correct?

For a time, we were instructed to bill 20610-50 but we have since received information to return to billing with RT and LT modifiers on bilateral services. Can't seem to keep it straight

~L
    CPC, CGSC, COSC

4. Default
    Quote Originally Posted by Treetoad View Post
    We also use modifier EJ on the synvisc (J7325) for subsequent injections.

I understand we need to use modifier EJ for J7321-J7324. Is it a requirement to use EJ for J7325 as well? If so, do you have any publication that states so? Thanks for the help.

5. Default
    Modifier EJ would be used for any subsequent injection in a series.

~L
    CPC, CGSC, COSC

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

1. Synvisc one and Synvisc J7325
    By tondan777 in forum Orthopaedics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-14-2015, 11:37 AM
  2. Synvisc injection
    By maryawinfield04 in forum Orthopaedics
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 03-05-2014, 10:28 AM