AAPC - Back to school

Thread: Code 95930 and Supply codes

Roswell, NM

Default Code 95930 and Supply codes

AAPC: Back to School
    We currently code the VEP code 95930 without the supply codes A4556 and A4558. Would it be appropriate to code these supply codes along with the CPT code. I am in debate with a coworker of the situation as to whether you could code if you do not have a DME license.

Roswell, NM

Can I code A4556 and A4558 with code 95930.

Default answer and question

We are currently getting the sales pitch on the VEP machine and are still undecided. According to this company you CAN bill A6411, A4558 and A4556 with the 95930 although we are told not all carriers reimburse for them.
    We had a full day demo yesterday which allowed us to test some of our patients and are about to bill for this procedure.
    Since you have already been billing the 95930, can I ask how your reimbursements are for this? Do you get a lot of denials? Are there any tips you can give to maximize payment processing?
    I am going to be testing billing all of these. I will let you know what happens if you like.

We currently use the VEP and we do bill for the supplies. Some carriers will pay and some leave it to patient balance. As for the test itself Oxford and the Connecticut Husky Community Health Network are the only insurances that do not cover the test, however, alot of the insurances put the test to deductible so we make the parents aware of that ahead of time.

Denise Smith CPC-A, CEMC

Default Thanks for the info

Hi Denise,

Sorry for the delay in responding, but I thank you very much for posting your experiences for us.

Have a great day!