I am debating with myself and I can't find it in the guidelines. It's been a long day.
If patient presents for an office visit and labs are drawn and processed with results available BEFORE patient leaves that visit, would I rightfully code the reason the lab was ordered or would I code the outcome of the lab?
(example- pt presents with a sore throat in walk in, so a strep test is ordered, comes back positive)do I code sore throat or strep?I am 99% sure I would not code them both?
- Medical Coding
- Medical Billing
- Practice Management
- Exam Preparation
- Other Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Software / Digital
- Code Lookup (AAPC Coder)
- Virtual Coding Experience (Practicode)
- E/M Analyzer
- CPT RVU Calculator
- Health Plan Search (Provider Policies)
- Log In / Join