For whom are you coding? Ortho surgeon? ER Doc? PCP? Facility?
You state patient was seen in ER but then ask: Do I code/charge for fracture care on day of admission or on first visit of follow up in the office. (emphasis added by FTB)
Who admitted patient? To observation? As inpatient? How long in hospital? What treatment while admitted?
Finally, the "title" of your question is GLOBAL. SO I'm wondering ... when did the "previously healed fracture" occur?
I'm sorry but I do not have enough information in your brief question to accurately answer. Please provide more details.
F Tessa Bartels, CPC, CEMC
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join