Inpatient hospital admission and subsequent visits for care fore complications of pregnancy are not included in the OB global package and should be reported seperately. However, if a patient delivers within 24 hours of admission the services are considered part of the global package.
With that said I would bill as follows...
Day 1-Inpatient admit (99221-99223) if your OB admitted the patient if OB did not admit the patient either consult codes (99251-99255) or subsuquent visits (99231-99233)
Day 2-day 24 hours prior to delivery subsequent hospital codes (99231-99233)
Day of delivery-Appropriate delivery code
Hope this helps...
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join