I want to know if we are billing the correct cpt/ICD-9 for post partum bleeding.
This is the scenario, Pt has a vaginal delivery or C-section, then get discharged. Four weeks later pt comes back because still bleeding. They do a limited ultrasound 7681526/tc to see what is the problem. NO findings, just hemorrage. Still ok to bill cpt 7681526/TC with Icd-9 666.2X ?
I'm confused because pt is not pregnant anymore. The cpt 76815 is for an ultrasound, pregnant uterus. Please advise.
- ICD-10 Training
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join