We have had some discussion about the correct use of the add-on code for the second puncture of the AV fistula 36148, the description in CPT additional access for therapeutic intervention. Would you use 36148 in addition to 36147 for the second puncture if no therapy was performed? We were wondering if anyone has information to clarify this and if so, is it documented somewhere that we can access? Thanks in advance for any assistance!
- ICD-10 Training
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join