The CPT text with green bullet states "If 36147 indicates the need for a therapeutic intervention requiring a second catheterization of the shunt, use 36148". Do you have a situation in which you need to access the shunt for any other reason than therapeutic intervention. Code 36147 indicates it is the only code necessary to determine the necessary imaging of the Arteriovenous Shunt. I would be interested in hearing your input as to what other instances you would use the add on code , 36148. Thanks
- ICD-10 Training
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join