Sounds like the callus removal should be coded as 11055 - PARING OR CUTTING OF BENIGN HYPERKERATOTIC LESION (EG, CORN OR CALLUS); SINGLE LESION. Also, the callus does not sound related to the procedure performed in January but it does fall within the global surgical period. I would append a 79 modifier (unrelated procedure or service by the same physician during the post op period). If Medicare or Medicaid I would apply their respective routine foot care policies.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join