You might query your physician as to the wording in the report. My surgical coding group can not think of a time we've had a filter placed other in the IVC for blood clot protection of the lung and heart. I have looked for a code for placing the filter in the SVC and like you, did not find one. If he did indeed place the filter in the SVC, will you share that with us, as we are anxious to know if this placement is to prevent blockage in the neck or head area. I only see using an unlisted code if the SVC is the spot.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join