I know this post is a little late, but in case you were still wondering....
Yes, my hospital currently has several outside path/lab companies that handle tests for us, that we can't because its not cost effective. However, we do still get to bill for these services b/c our pathologist still interpret most of the results. And while this isn't the case with all of the services, it is for the majority. I actually posted something similar to this topic recently. Looking for feed back from anyone else who may know more about this post or my more recent one: Anatomical pathology coding services.
Thanks and I hope this was of some help to anyone.....
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join