I'm relatively certain that they use these in the HPI because "FEVER" ties to the integumentary system while "SHORTNESS OF BREATH" ties to the respiratory system and "SEIZURE" ties to the nervous system.
If the HPI reads something like...Patient has had a fever for 3 days of 102 degrees. There is also dizzyness associated with the fever. Patient has been taking aspirin with only mild relief.
...you have your location, duration, associated signs and symptoms and modifying factors thereby satisfying the required 4 elements of the HPI.
Hope this is at least a little bit clearer...
Have a great weekend,
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join