AAPC - Back to school

Thread: Ureterolysis with release of sling

Chicopee, Mass

Default Ureterolysis with release of sling

AAPC: Back to School
    My doc did a ureterolysis along with release of a suburethral sling. What code (s) shall I use? I am wondering if the release of the sling would be included with the lysis. Anyone have suggestions for me? Much appreciated!

Red face Ureterolyisis with release of sling

look at cpt code 57287 for removal or revision of sling for stress incontinence

53500 Urethrolysis, transvaginal, seconary, open, including cystourethroscopy, (eg, postsurgical obstruction, scarring)
    (EXCLUDES Retropubic approach (53899)

Maybe this will help a little....
    Last edited by PRINCESSMHH; 03-10-2010 at 12:22 PM.

Chicopee, Mass

Default Thanks

Thank you for responding!.... those are the two codes I have- wondered if I should bill them both? I just did not know if I should be using one code which would include both services....

I would report both codes if the report states that urethrolysis was done. The revision of sling (repair of sling for urinary incontinence). is separate from the uterthrolysis. Urethrolysis is removing bands or lysis of adhesions or scarring from previous surgery. This code will also include the cystourethroscope.

Hope this helps a little more. If not let me know. I am not in front of my codebook right now. So I hope this makes sense.

Chicopee, Mass

Default Thanks!

I reported both codes...thank you!