I don't have an article to site, but have read many times that simply "refilling" an rx for a stable disease shouldn't count, where as a new rx would. I tend to follow this. (remember you can meet the moderate risk with only having two or more stable chronic dz anyway)
Unfortunately the documentation guidelines don't specify, so unless a carrier has specific instructions pertaining to this, its pretty much left open to interpretation.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join