AAPC - Back to school
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Has anyone taken the CCC exam?

AAPC: Back to School
    My opinion is to keep going and get your CPC. If you ever want to branch out and work in other specialties they are not going to care that you have your CCC, they will want to see that you have the CPC or CCS-P. Hang in there, study hard, and you will get it! Good luck!
    Gail Davis, CPC

San Diego

Can you tell me which Cardiology study guide you bought. There are so many out there it's hard to know which one will be the post helpful. Thanks.

Default Ccc test

I just took the CCC test for the second time. The first time I didn't finish in time. This time I finished, but it was soooo hard. I am awaiting results. I don't think I will ever take that one again...

The book I found most helpful was Invasive Cardiology put out by Coding Strategies, Inc. It was very clear about things so it was easy to understand. I doubt I could have passed the exam without it!

Hi Sharper,

I am thinking of taking the cardiology test, and was wondering how long did you take to study for the exam? I have coded for an invasive clinic for 20 years, and I am still terrified. All I hear is how difficult the test is. If I start now, I will have the whole year in case I need to take two tests. Did you use the online practice test? And were they very similar to the actual test? I know lots of questions. My palms are sweating as I type.

Hi Cindy,

I am happy to answer your questions anytime! Never too many!
    I probably studied 4 months, but that was intense studying (nights and weekends) and marking my CPT book in all colors! I used blank pages in the CPT book for all sorts of references that probably no one but myself would understand but that proved to be VERY helpful! I even listed a lot of common dx codes with descriptions in numerical order so I wouldn't need to spend time looking them up in the ICD 9 book. I purchased program from AAPC and it was wonderful. The CSI book was a life saver also. In our practice, we do a lot of nuclears and echos but I really don't have much to do with them except bill so I struggled with those questions. You can email me anytime at sharper@civadallas.com

The certification has helped me in my position and the doctors seem to really respect it.

Good luck,

Orange Park Florida

Hi Sharper,

i am planning on taking the CCC exam too and i bought the online study exam from AAPC but do you know if there is an actual study book i can find that might be able to help me as i prepare to take this exam. thanks for your help. my email is amanda.solomon@jax.ufl.edu. thanks agian.

Default AAPC Staff

AAPC has developed a specialty study guide and an online practice exam which are specifically designed to help individuals prepare for each specialty certification exam.

Study guide includes practical examples; including an E/M chapter with examples that are specialty specific, using 1995 and 1997 CMS Documentation Guidelines. Also included is a 35 question test your knowledge exam with answers and rationales.

Online practice exam has 50-questions that simulate the question format of the specialty certification exam. Questions are graded instantly and rationales provided.

Questions in study guide and online practice exam are designed to mimic the specialty certification exams and written by the same task force who wrote the specialty certification exam.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12