Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Has anyone taken the CCC exam?

1. Question Has anyone taken the CCC exam?
    Medical Coding Books
    I am scheduled to take the CCC exam later this month and am wondering if anyone has any suggestions for me! I getting more and more nervous as time goes on.
    Thanks

2. Default
    I took the CCC exam in December 2008; it was only 75 questions at that time. When reading the coding scenerios dont over think them and remember to follow the coding rules, not how we code in the real world. There were a few "trick" questions. Know your cardiac physiology, anatomy, rhythm conduction order. Write as many notes as you can in you CPT book, that helped me alot.

Good luck, I'm sure you will do great.

Dolores, CPC - CCC

3. Default Thanks
    I appreciate the reply! Is the test in sections or just random questions?

4. Default
    I think the 2010 test is in sections. Did you buy the cardiology exam study guide? it covers everything cardiology.

Dolores

5. Default
    Yes, I did buy it and it's very helpful! Did you pass the first time? I passed the CPC the first time and said I'd never take another test!! Now I'm eating my words about taking another test. Sure hope I pass this one the first time.

6. Default
    Hi again!

Yes, thank God I passed both tests the first time! After taking the CCC I thought that would be the last exam but noooooo. I'm planning to obtain the CEMC.... lol

Good luck on your exam!

Dolores, CPC - CCC

7. Default
    Well good luck to you too! Thanks for the support!

Susan, cpc, ccc(wannabe)

Quote Originally Posted by deeva456 View Post
    I took the CCC exam in December 2008; it was only 75 questions at that time. When reading the coding scenerios dont over think them and remember to follow the coding rules, not how we code in the real world. There were a few "trick" questions. Know your cardiac physiology, anatomy, rhythm conduction order. Write as many notes as you can in you CPT book, that helped me alot.

Good luck, I'm sure you will do great.

Dolores, CPC - CCC
    I would follow that do not over think the questions, I took the CCC exam 2 years ago and failed both times! I walked out both times confident that I passed and didnt, I am taking the exam again in a couple weeks and the study guides and information that they provide now are much much better then before! Good luck and definitley follow Dolores's advice!

9. Default
    Thanks! I only have two days left before the exam and at this point there isn't much more I can do. I think I'm prepared but who knows! My plan is to study some tonight on E&M and device checks and Friday night simply review notes.
    Thanks and good luck to you,
    Susan

10. Unhappy Very Unhappy Student
    I am currently taking a class for my CPC and I am not doing well. I bought the CCC course in March of this year, and never started the on line class. I have billed for a Cardiology Group for almost 8 years. Would you suggest I try the CCC certification and drop the CPC class? I just am not doing well in the class at all.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast