AAPC - Back to school

Thread: 34826

Default 34826

AAPC: Back to School
    I have a question on the proper use of CPT 34826 the description states each additional vessel (list separately in addition to code for primary procedure). If the physician places an extension on the Right side 34825 then op note states ....Contralateral limb was canulated with catheter and glide wire and through the left sheath a 14.5 X 10 cm device was passed and deployed and then extension devision was placed. Following this an extension device on the right was necessary. Trilobed balloon was passed to angioplasty and secure every intersection portion of the modular device.....
    I know 34826 is correct for the Left side can I use 34826 if 2 extensions were placed on the right?

Interesting.... Is that additional extension (RT) placed in the same vessel (eg. common iliac) or extended to different (eg. external iliac) vessel ? ...If it is a different we can use 34826 again.

If it is the same vessel I am not sure, however I would suggest not to use the 34826 again. Becs as you mentioned the code description states "each additional vessel" not "each additional extensor".

Love to hear other views on this concept....

Hope this helps!