If you go to the CMS website you will find the LCD that corrilates with the EKG. You need to use one of the diagnosis on that LCD and assign it to the EKG in order for it to justify to the insurance company.
Since EKG's are on the NCCI edits for most procedures now, a 59 modifier might be applicable in most cases, but it will have to be determined on a case by case basis depending on what needs billed.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join