If it is a pregnancy test to see if the patient is pregnant due to missed periods then 626.0 is the wrong code. That code is in the chapter for diseases and disorders of the genitourinary system and to have sex and think you are pregnant is absolutely normal. The definition of amenorrhea for 626.0 is an absences of menses for a period of 6 months or greater. So the code to for a patient that presents to the office due to a suspicion of pregnancy is V74.2x
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join