Always follow your instincts if you feel it is wrong and it makes you uncomfortable then it is wrong. A few years back the AAPC had an article in the Coding Edge where they stated to ask yourself how much are your ethics worth? There was another article that stated that if you know it is incorrect and you fail to take steps to change it correct it or fail to report it then you are equal in liability. I know jobs are scarce but me I would take a walk.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join