Sorry for the reality shock but that is one of the biggest scams out there. Here is the real deal
Most employers want experience, it is too much of a liablility.
To get experience Yes you probably will start in the billing realm. It is a full cycle billing, coding and reimbursement. Also my opinion it is good to know all the aspects of the cycle if you are in a coding position because they go hand and hand.
You will have a better chance getting your foot in the door with an internship or starting at the bottom.
Some people have a natural ability to do well in a business (that is how you usually work from home with your own business) other wise most employers want you to be with the company many years before you can work from home.
Some do get lucky out the door and land a really good job that is a good fit for the company and them. Most don't and have to work there way up.
I wish you all the luck I can tell you that I was one that started from the bottom up,I worked my way up and worked hard. It is not easy but it is rewarding!
- ICD-10 Training
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join