AAPC - Back to school

Thread: Patella Tendon Topaz procedure

Default Patella Tendon Topaz procedure

AAPC: Back to School
    We have a patient that is planning to have the above procedure done.....what code would be used? Or what series of codes should I look under? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks and have a great day!

I don't believe there is a current CPT for this procedure , you may have to use 27599 (unlisted for femur/knee)? Any thoughts from others about this procedure? Maybe there is a category III code?

Default Topaz

We have done a few of these but none recently, and have used the tenotomy code 27390 as that is basically what is being done. Topaz is the equipment being used. I'm not saying that this is right, but this is what the Topaz rep. suggested. We also considered the unlisted code but since basically all that is being done is a tenotomy and it doesn't require any extra time, 27390 seemed to be the one to use. I would also like to hear what others think.

Judith L. Doss, CPC
    OAD Orthopaedics

Similar Threads

1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-19-2013, 01:41 PM
  2. help! Rt Patella tendon ORIF (patella tendon rupture
    By MANCODER in forum Orthopaedics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-22-2009, 12:23 PM
  3. Patella Tendon Debridement
    By kibbit99 in forum Orthopaedics
    Replies: 2