The TrailBlazer web site has specific instructions for reporting radiopharmaceuticals used during nuclear studies. Go to the Home page, choose Fee Schedules, choose Radiopharmaceutical Fee Schedule. Check instructions for providing invoices at the bottom of the page. Blink your eyes, shake your head and think "say what?". [You can contact me per below]
In general, for A9505 and A9502 you must report you invoice cost for the amount of the product used. Both codes are "per study dose up to 40 mCi".
According to CMS, these codes are carrier/MAC priced].
Also see LCD 4C-57AB: Cardiovascular Nuclear Medicine.
I just spent the better part of a week sorting out TrailBlazer radiopharmaceutical coding and billing. Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 405-608-1207 if you want more information [hint: TrailBlazer does not edit claims per some of the "guidance" on their website].
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join