-The CPT narrative associated with this modifier has changed, effective for dates of service on or after January, 1 2008
-Refer to the 'Mult Surg' indicator in the Medicare Physician Fee Schedule database (MPFSDB) to determine if CPT modifier 51 is applicable to a particular procedure code
-Note: We strongly recommend that you do not submit this modifier to Palmetto GBA. Palmetto GBA will apply this modifier to indicate when special pricing rules have been used to calculate the reimbursement, as described below
-This modifier may not be submitted with designated “add-on” codes (refer to Appendix D of the Current Procedural Terminology (CPT) 2010 for a list of add-on codes)
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join