This isn't specific to you but general advice my Mom gave me when I was starting my first job (summer job right out of high school).
Practice "confident humility."
Be confident in your abilities - especially the ability to learn new things.
Be humble about your knoweldge - you do not know everything, and you certainly know little about the specifics of your new work environment. Be eager to learn, rather than eager to impress them with all you know.
Still good advice even 40+ years later.
Best of luck in your new endeavor.
F Tessa Bartels, CPC, CEMC
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join