My billing manager and I are having a little disagreement with coding for stress echos. Per CPT, codes 93350 and 93351 are global codes that include the echo and stress test (93351 with M.D. supervision). She wants me to bill 93306,59 and 93351. All the research I've done (CMS, American Society of Echocardiography, American College of Cardiology, AMA) point to 99350 and 99351 as the correct way to code; but, she is going by what our Echo Tech told her. Has anyone else had this problem, how do you code this?
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join