Doreen you are correct to code only 93350 or 93351. These codes were created to use when performing an echocardiogram with the stress test. 93306 is for the echo only, no other testing. The way she is coding could be considered double dipping or fraudulent billing.
I believe this information can be verified in the CMS website, Medicare online manuals. I'll get back to you with the link.
Dolores, CPC - CCC
- ICD-10 Training
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join