My billing manager and I are having a little disagreement with coding for stress echos. Per CPT, codes 93350 and 93351 are global codes that include the echo and stress test (93351 with M.D. supervision). She wants me to bill 93306,59 and 93351. All the research I've done (CMS, American Society of Echocardiography, American College of Cardiology, AMA) point to 99350 and 99351 as the correct way to code; but, she is going by what our Echo Tech told her. Has anyone else had this problem, how do you code this?
- Medical Coding
- Medical Billing
- Practice Management
- Exam Preparation
- Other Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Software / Digital
- Code Lookup (AAPC Coder)
- Virtual Coding Experience (Practicode)
- E/M Analyzer
- CPT RVU Calculator
- Health Plan Search (Provider Policies)
- Log In / Join