I feel for you. You are in a tough spot.
I am not an attorney and cannot give you legal advice.
But you are clearly in a bad situation. Even if everything is on the up-and-up the inability (or unwillingness) of your supervisors to explain to you the legality of the office practices shows that is not somewhere you want to be working.
I think the best option for you is to begin looking for another job. In the meantime, keep good notes and keep your head down.
F Tessa Bartels, CPC, CEMC
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join