It has been a few years since I worked in a Radiology department but I did
some checking and think I can help you with your questions. I believe you
are correct to code the first example as 71111. The description of 71111
is bilateral rib x-rays and PA chest. It includes a minimum of 4 views so that
is consistent with your example.
Your second question is regarding chest x-ray with PA and lateral views.
CPT code 71020 is the correct one for that 2 view chest x-ray.
I hope I have helped. I always enjoy sharing when there is a question about something I am familiar with.
Ann Winters, CPC
- ICD-10 Training
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join