Hi everyone. I posted this on the Interventional Radiology board yesterday but we're really anxious for an answer so I decided to post here also. Sorry if I offend with the cross-posting.
I need help with some xray coding Pt was seen in office for xrays and, per the reports on file, had (1) Left ribs, 2 view (2) Right ribs, 2 view and (3) Chest, PA and lateral.
Does this qualify as a 71111? None of us are very familiar with Radiology billing -- we know just enough to be dangerous -- and it's the "lateral" view that's throwing us for a loop.
Another question on the same lines: If just a chest xray with PA and lateral views is done, is that also coded as a 71020?
- Medical Coding
- Medical Billing
- Practice Management
- Exam Preparation
- Other Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Software / Digital
- Code Lookup (AAPC Coder)
- Virtual Coding Experience (Practicode)
- E/M Analyzer
- CPT RVU Calculator
- Health Plan Search (Provider Policies)
- Log In / Join